In this article we will discuss 10 signs you may be drinking too much. A lot of people don’t realize when they are drinking too much or when they are binge drinking. With this article we will give you some extra advice how to recognize this.
Without further adue, here are the 10 signs. If you recognize any of these signs, it can be possible that you are drinking too much.
Signs you are drinking too much
- You often drink more than you intended to or for longer periods of time than you had planned.
- You have difficulty stopping or controlling your drinking once you start.
- You experience memory lapses or blackouts after drinking.
- You have a strong craving or urge to drink.
- You feel guilty or ashamed about your drinking.
- You drink in situations where it is dangerous to do so, such as while driving or operating heavy machinery.
- You neglect important responsibilities or activities because of your drinking.
- You experience physical symptoms such as tremors, shaking, or seizures when you do not drink.
- You continue to drink even though it is causing problems in your relationships or causing physical or emotional harm to yourself.
- You need to drink more and more in order to feel the effects of alcohol (tolerance).
It is important to note that these signs may not necessarily mean that you have an alcohol use disorder (AUD), but they may indicate that your drinking is becoming a problem and that it is worth considering seeking help. If you are concerned about your drinking or think you may have an AUD, it is important to speak with a healthcare professional or a substance abuse treatment specialist.